Monday, December 13, 2010

A Herring Merry Christmas

 
We try to stay outdoors as much as we can these days. I'm craving that light at the moment.

 
Whereas you now know I'm not a baker, I'll reveal that I'm quite a fine herring dish maker! It might not be so useful on a daily basis, but tomato herring and mustard herring is very, very yummi on rye bread for Christmas.

 
We made (store bought dough) gingerbread this weekend, a lot of fun but with mixed results. Let's just say I won't quit my day job to become a full time gingerbread designer.

Enjoy your week!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

At first I thought that your top photo was of a building meant to resemble a herring. But I don't think so? As a vegetarian, I wouldn't appreciate eating your herring sauces, but they LOOK absolutely beautiful. Have you seen Kate's new hat design "Caller Herrin"? (http://needled.wordpress.com) You might like to have a look if you like herring!

Kickcan & Conkers said...

You have a good sense of humour! The mustard herring sounds yummy - is that like Sill in Sweden? I love that.

Copycat said...

Store bought dough - what a wonderful idea! where exactly did you get hold of it? Mydland?

Anonymous said...

Heia Mali. Ja, det der med bakingen må være genetisk. Har ikke bakt julekaker siden Nina var 5 år, og har bestemt ikke lyst til å prøve. Vil heller vaske huset :) Klem fra Elisabeth

denise said...

That building is amazing.

Tomato herring and mustard sound yummy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails