Wednesday, March 16, 2011

How Things Come Back

My biggest and overwhelming fear as a child was the atomic cloud, as many in my generation. We were growing up in the last phase of the cold war. Norway was a friend to the U.S and a neighbour to Russia.

In the Arctic we're on eachother's doorstep.

These last days the anxious feeling of unsafety has returned, even though Japan is far away. I guess there's nothing else for us to do than to live our everyday lives. And help.



Do you remember Monchhichi from the 80s?monchhichi dolls from the 80s.



(I promise you more lightness in the weekend!)

7 comments:

liza said...

It's hard, isn't it? To find the balance of being so sad, worrying, and living your life.

Forest Dream Weaver said...

There are also other things we can do......please view my post,World Water Day.
Your photos are beautiful,and you're right most of what we can do is to live our lives in the best possible way.

Best wishes!

Menthe Blanche said...

Yes, it is so sad moment ... and we don't know how long this will last ...
Your photo where there is the small monkey back memories! In France, we call it: Kiki. I had one too :)

Malyss said...

The doll! in france, it's called KIKI! I have mine even today!
All our thoughts are turned to Japan since a week, and will be for many weeks; The best way to react is to enjoy every minute, every little happiness put on our roads..

Kaylovesvintage said...

same here, I got some good friends in Japan,so we try our best to help them..

thinking about you

likeschocolate said...

It is sad that our children cannot escape the fear we grew up with as a child. I remember being terrified of a third World War breaking out. Did you ever seen a movie called the Last Day! We have kept the news off the past few days. I don't want the children to feel that kind of stress.

Anonymous said...

That was my greatest fear, too, growing up in the US. I also had an irrational fear of tsunamis (we lived miles from the coast behind a mountain range....)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails