Spring(sprng:)The season of the year, occurring between winter and summer, during which the weather becomes warmer and plants revive, extending in the Northern Hemisphere from the vernal equinox to the summer solstice and popularly considered to comprise March, April, and May.
Just forget this definition, and the pictures that pop up in your head at the word. Try to think outside the box etc. The Arctic spring is not your usual definition. This is just something else.
* White nights. Sun was up to 7 p.m today.
* Rumours are seagulls have been observed.
* The smell of sea is more profound.
* You can feel the heat from the sun
* Sunglasses are most definately needed
* The sami/russian/peruan/norwegian vendors are back at the market place.
* Oh, and there's snow, lots of it. No plants have revived yet.
In the sami language there are eight seasons, and appearently we're in the middle of Winterspring. In May comes Summerspring, and that's when my next spring chapter will be written.
Happy easter everyone! We're off to the south to see family and get some traditional spring feelings. Look forward to a thinner jacket. Very much indeed.