Tuesday, November 01, 2011

It's D Time!





The light is almost gone, soon Polar Night will be over us. That means it's vitamin D Time for the Arctics: We get a bottle of cod liver oil (with lemon, mind you, takes the taste almost away) and enjoy ourselves.

Did I mention I've started making cushions from retro fabric? I like people with a past, and fabric too. I made the green one from a 70s curtain, it's been a witness to bowl-drinking parties, Roger Whittaker listening (at least that's what my parents listened to) and cigarette smoking in crazy coloured dresses while serving fondue, kids who had to watch themselves,(yes, I saw the brilliant The Ice Storm) while the women fought for equality, I have no idea what the men did.

(what's really in that cod liver oil?)

12 comments:

Di said...

Hmm - sounds lovely ;-)

It's dark here at 5pm now - as the clocks changed at the weekend but at least it is lighter in the morning!

SG said...

I love the green cushion. Very retro!

liza said...

The pillows are great. And I can't believe your child is taking that without force! Goodbye, light.

Hvite tulipaner said...

Takk for at du er med på giveawayen:)
FIn blogg du har!

Malyss said...

I like this green cushion! it really makes me think of my youth!

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

Love the pillows! Loved the film The Ice Storm too!
Wow, cod liver oil??!! Does the lemon really help with the taste?

Unknown said...

Love the pillows...and I am sad for loosing light at 6.30...

Teresa said...

I want to wear a crazy coloured dress & serve fondue! Love the trip you took us on with that 70s curtain... Splendid cushions! I think I'll give the cod liver oil a miss - am sure it's Very good for you though!

Anonymous said...

I'm at the 45th parallel. We all seem to spend too much time indoors these days so I may as well live in the Arctic. I just go to Target and get a bottle of D vitamins, though!

coco said...

i hope you will show us cushion that you are making. looking forward to see it.

Stephanie said...

We do the cod liver oil, too! Ours is strawberry flavored. I almost don't mind it. Almost ... ;)

Arctic Mum said...

Stephanie: Wow, strawberry cod liver oil! That's new to me. Sally: yes, the lemon really help with the taste, strange but true. Liza: they take it with pleasure, but they may well be in denial:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails